Application is invited for the position of a Senior Brand Manager at Guinness Nigeria Plc. Interested and suitably qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
Guinness Nigeria PLC is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Brand Manager – Orijin
Ref No: JR1039870
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Worker Type: Regular
About the Role
- Since launch in 2012 into the West African markets, Orijin has legitimized and premiumized tradition and rituals that consumers practice daily which led it to be Diageo’s most successful Innovation ever delivering £200m in NSV in F14.
- With an ambition of playing in ALL Diageo markets across Africa, the role plays a key leadership task in Diageo Africa as the lead market for Orijin Globally. Core responsibilities are: Leading and defining the growth strategies for the Orijin trademark in Nigeria in line with our ambition for 1 in 3 serves by F20.
- Partnering and influencing an extended network of partners; Global Brand Teams, cross functional internal teams as well local partner agencies on the delivery and achievement of Annual business objectives. Fully accountable for the execution of brand plans.
- Strategic Penetration: Working alongside the Head of MSS to unpack and embed the consumer trends and business opportunities that should inform the GN MSS participation and long-term strategy. Accountable for Orijin portfolio MB PLANNING and growth driver’s development and deployment converting insights into M&E that drive better future investment decisions setting the Orijin portfolio up for transformational growth across participation categories.
- Influencing, Coaching & Inspiring: Work in service of big business outcomes. Build deep and authentic relationships, have the tough conversations when needed and annex resources from agency partners, GN leadership and a strong voice with the Orijin global team as lead create market. A natural coach committed to build talent, grow people, and embed a culture of curiosity on beer in the business. Supports the head of Marketing MSS to push capability within the MSS team
- Marketing Flair: Proficient in the key marketing elements that deliver success with a trademark with range, growing mastery of developing portfolio programmes and brand voice that are premised on interactive consumer insights. Leads Mental and Physical availability for the range that’s premised on brand purpose to accelerate the scale and presence of the trademark supporting a distinctiveness and growth within the respective categories. Leading and setting local brand guidelines to drive enhanced consistency of how the brand shows up in market across all channels and touchpoints,
- Commercial Excellence. Understand and respond to the drivers of brand financial performance, works in partnership with the finance and commercial teams to deliver the annual operating plan and P&L targets. Partner with the commercial team with developing a deep understanding of channel segmentation, trade persuasion tools, competitive context, route to consumer and the resources required to commercialize innovation successfully. Balances commercial, customer & consumer motivations to deliver out-standing results
- Motivating & Inspiring Agencies & Cross-functional Teams – An expert at working in service of big business outcomes and building integrated programmes. Leading internal and external partners to push Orijin forward, including agency partners, internal commercial and supply organisation, consumer connections and the above market orijin Global brand team to deliver exceptional executions. Excellence in Project Management: Time, budget and cost management employing a range of solutions to overcome barriers that engenders ownership in the group.
- Champion of M&E and Compliance – Lead M & E and marketing effectiveness for assigned brand, embedded disciplines and learning to codify or discontinue growth drivers. Accountable for leading monthly brand performance reviews, in front of busines engagement of key drivers of performance insights/interventions leading into meaningful and accurate input for the S&OP process (inclusive of all elements ongoing of P & L forecasting volume, A&P etc). Ensures full compliance to DMC, GAR and CARM requirements.
- University Degree in Marketing / Business or other related discipline.
- Proven and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience (8 years+)
- Clear understanding of FMCG brand marketing.
- Can demonstrate excellent Commercial judgement & acumen.
- Experience of working on Mainstream brands & understanding of Execution standards required for the value-oriented consumer.
- Is experienced at managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally.
- Extensive experience of BTL & Experiential strategy development and implementation working with 3rd party agencies.
- Budget & cost control management
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online