Applications are invited for Nelson Mandela Foundation 2021 Dialogue & Advocacy Fellowship. Interested and suitably qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
The Nelson Mandela Foundation aims to recruit a Fellow that will be based within the Dialogue and Advocacy unit. We envision this person as being someone who not only contributes towards public discourse but who also sees research as a verb in that they are committed towards actualising their proposals into tangible outcomes. We are looking for someone who can take initiative, network and engage with stakeholders in a meaningful way. Where possible, they must use relevant empirical evidence from both South Africa and elsewhere in the world. Any interventions or initiatives they propose must be possible in our local context.
Fellowship Selection and Application Criteria
To be considered for the Fellowship, the Fellow needs to:
- Have at least a Masters degree or be studying towards one
- Must be able to write for a popular audience and show proof of ability to do so
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and stakeholder engagement
- Must be able to take initiative, work with little supervision and be self-motivated
- Must be able to convene dialogues and be willing to support the Dialogue and Advocacy team with work that is related to their chosen focus area
- Must be willing to meet deadlines and be hardworking
- Preference may be given to candidates that are Gauteng based.
Prospective Fellows will need to complete the application form ie. Appendix A, which must be sent along with their CV to HR@nelsonmandela.org
The closing date for applications is the 21st of May 2021, and the expected start date is the 1st of June 2021.
- This position is full time, until the end of 2021
- The position will be a combination of working remotely as well as on site at the Nelson Mandela Foundation offices in Johannesburg
- The remuneration for this position is R30 000 a month, with a R1 000 data and airtime allowance
- The Nelson Mandela Foundation reserves the right to terminate the Fellowship, at any point, if output does not meet agreed upon targets
- The Fellowship will incorporate a leadership development component
For More Information, visit Nelson Mandela Foundation Dialogue & Advocacy Fellowship 2021