Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Product Partnerships, YouTube
Location: Lagos Nigeria
About the Job
- YouTube’s Product Partnerships team accelerates the global growth and innovation of YouTube products by driving new business opportunities through partnerships.
- We own the business side of new features, products and initiatives that are vital to the success of YouTube. As a team member, you understand the landscape of partnerships opportunities across technology licensing/integrations, marketing, and distribution.
- You will also craft strategies, define and structure critical partnerships, negotiate agreements, and cultivate our relationships.
- As the Product Partnership Manager at YouTube, you will drive YouTube’s growth, through driving successful partner implementations and increasing user adoption and awareness of YouTube products, across the the largest markets in the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
- You’ll work with our partners on new product launches, product integration, marketing campaigns, feature requests, and strategic planning, as well as managing business creation and growth. In addition, you will support global initiatives using your insights and perspectives from local markets.
- To be a successful candidate, you will present yourself as a thought leader with an analytical mindset and exceptional communication and relationship management skills, who has a a deep understanding of emerging market challenges and the ability to see multiple steps ahead and to identify industry trends and key influencers.
- You also have strong negotiation and partnering skills and specific experience in dealing at the executive levels of top companies.
- You should be able to work autonomously to close business opportunities but also collaboratively with product, engineering, legal, and other partner-facing teams to initiate, support, and grow partners and YouTube’s business.
- Manage partnerships that drive distribution of and access to YouTube’s applications and services, and drive significant awareness and user growth with mobile operator and broadband partners in SSA.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with partners including management and optimization of existing partners, support and track new partners through the launch process, agreement negotiations, and liaise with YouTube product and technical support teams in other regions.
- Work with YouTube Product & Content Partnership and other internal teams to define and execute country strategy to accelerate growth as new initiatives arise.
- Execute scalable user acquisition through partnerships and marketing programs.
- Define and analyze partner metrics and account plans and present them to YouTube management teams and partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in the telecom, media, and technology sector in emerging markets.
- Experience in client-facing business development roles.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- MBA Degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in management consulting or corporate strategy.
- Experience closing deals and managing relationships with the major telecom operators of Africa and OEMs, developing detailed account plans.
- Demonstrated success at working with cross-functional teams and building strong relationships across departments, including sales, marketing, business development, engineering, and product management.
- Strong understanding of mobile and broadband business models and priorities for partners.
- Ability to articulate new concepts and business models that are unique to Africa’s emerging markets to a global cross-functional team.
Application Closing Date