Westfield Consulting Limited was founded in January 2012, by a team of Nigerians with over 45 years of cumulative work experience in management and consultancy. Westfield Consulting is a provider of Human Resource and Strategic Management Services. Our focus on innovation and excellence in service delivery has made us a first choice to our growing clientele in various sectors.
We have successfully achieved a positive work force attitude, while engineering a more motivated and committed workforce for our clients with notable results Our results provide a testament about the quality of our services. 70% of our business is repeat business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below;
Job Title: HVAC Design Engineer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- HVAC design engineers create and develop refrigeration and heating systems for commercial and residential properties.
- HVAC companies, construction crews, and building companies hire HVAC design engineers to work full time during all shifts, primarily during daytime hours.
- HVAC design engineers report to the project manager or Construction foreman on any jobsite.
- Travel is an essential element of this job, as HVAC design engineers must go to various construction sites and properties to assess heating and cooling needs and design various systems to address these needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- HVAC Design Engineers perform various job duties based on the size of the heating and cooling projects they work on, the type of property where systems are needed, and the heating and cooling needs of customers.
- However, these core job tasks are the same despite these differences:
Design HVAC Systems:
- HVAC design engineers create heating and cooling systems and their controls.
Calculate Heating and Cooling Needs:
- HVAC design engineers make load calculations to determine how much heating and cooling power various equipment must put out in order to heat or cool spaces when needed.
Interpret and Draft Plans:
- HVAC design engineers read and interpret construction plans, schematics, and blueprints for new construction projects. They also draft new plans to design ductwork and piping systems.
Calculate Ventilation Requirements:
- HVAC design engineers calculate ventilation requirements based on the types of systems needed.
Determine Budget Costs:
- HVAC design engineers determine costs for heating and cooling systems and write up detailed budget estimates.
Coordinate with Others:
- HVAC design engineers coordinate and collaborate with architects and engineers when designing heating and cooling systems.
Adhere to All Building Codes:
- HVAC design engineers follow all building codes and obtain proper building permits when necessary.
- A majority of employers require HVAC Design Engineers to have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience, which means several years of prior experience working with HVAC.
- The amount of work experience required by employers varies, but a minimum of three years is common.
Skills and Qualifications:
HVAC design engineers are professionals with a high degree of mechanical aptitude and a talent for math who calculate and design heating and cooling systems for buildings of all sizes. Employers hire HVAC design engineers who possess the following skills:
- Time management – HVAC design engineers use time management skills to work within tight deadlines and finish projects on time
- Mathematics – because HVAC design engineers make numerous calculations, excellent math skills are essential for this job
- Communication skills – HVAC design engineers use communication skills to write budget estimates and speak with customers and other designers
- Mechanical expertise – HVAC design engineers use their mechanical abilities to design complicated heating and cooling systems
- Analytical thinking – HVAC design engineers use analytical skills to determine how much heating and cooling power is needed for a specific space, then turn these estimates into design concepts
- Multitasking – HVAC design engineers may work on many different heating and cooling projects at once, which requires a talent for multitasking
- Customer service – HVAC design engineers answer questions, present budget bids, and make recommendations about heating and cooling systems to customers.
Tools of the Trade:
- HVAC design engineers regularly work with the following tools:
- Heating and cooling equipment (pumps, fans, pipes, motors)
- Drafting programs (AutoCAD).
1st May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.