As one of the world’s leading energy companies Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
Job title: Cargo Claims Analyst (formerly Demurrage Analyst)
Job Type: Full Time
Reference ID: R7455
- Supports Corporate Crude Oil Shipping & Export activities of Shell Companies in Nigeria (SCIN). The position will provide a professional cargo claims service to the Business through prevention and efficient processing of claims related to exports from Shell operated loading terminals (BONNY, FORCADOS, SEA EAGLE & BONGA) and 3rd party terminals with SCIN equity participation (BRASS, & ERHA FPSO).
- Act as Focal Point for issues relating to cargo claims (demurrage and quantity/quality) within SPDC & SNEPCO In conjunction with Tanker Programmers, analyse all scheduled crude oil offtake operations to determine SPDC and SNEPCO demurrage exposure, escalating for action as required
- Receive and support negotiation (or rejection) of claims from Third Party Owners/Charterers of ships loading at SCiN Terminals and Ensure cargo claims are made to NOV partners within the contractual time-frame and avoid any claim from being time-barred.
- Generate relevant accruals for Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly Finance closing. Generate monthly cargo claims reports to relevant departments with appropriate comments that lead to improvements
- Prepare data for and attend cargo claims reconciliation meetings with JV/PSC Partners and third party injectors Maintain database of all cargo claims in order to provide timely, up to date and accurate management information to SPDC, SNEPCO, Offtake Partners and NAPIMS Ensure cargo claims processed through SAP for Shell OUs, budget cleared through BFM approval and sent for payment Ensure Tanker world scale and monthly AFRA Rate are obtained and updated when due
- Minimize SCiN costs related to cargo claims
- Efficient processing of claims, avoiding backlog of greater than 3 months of claims that are open without agreement
- Effective negotiation with JV/PSC Partners/SWEST and third parties customers on all cargo-related claims
- Maintain good working relationships with a wide range of SCiN supporting departments, Government Agencies, JV and PSC Partners, Shell Trading and Third Parties using Company facilities.
- Maintain good working relationships with Government Agencies in charge of crude oil production and export activity, namely Ministry of Commerce, NNPC, NAPIMS, Department of Petroleum Resources,
- First degree/HND in any field.
- Minimum of three (3) years work experience in EP/Upstream environment. Awareness of Production activities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively process significant levels of detailed information
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Previous experience related to marine operations and processing of cargo claims
- Knowledge of shipping and export documentation
- Previous experience with shipping agency liaison and /or working in a position which required regular contact and communications with external Government Agencies and Third-Party companies is an advantage.
- Business acumen and strong business partnering focus
- Good communication/negotiating skills
- Ability to deliver timely and accurate information as required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience on marine operations at the terminals.
Method of Application
Use the link below to apply on company website.