Genesis Cinemas is one of Nigeria’s leading cinema developers and operators of multiplex cinemas in Nigeria. GC is part of the Genesis Group, a Nigerian based conglomerate established in 1991 with its key focus on hospitality and entertainment with diverse interests in Restaurants, Hotels, Industrial Catering, Cinemas, Family Entertainment Centres and Facility Management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
Locations: Vcitoria Island & Lekki – Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Establish restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; identify and evaluate competitors; prepare financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates.
- Analyze the restaurant budget with personnel to find and price inventory, reduce expenses, review current pricing and adjust purchasing strategies if needed.
- Maintain operations by determining and implementing policies and standard operating procedures in product preparation, productivity, quality, and customer service standards.
- Attracts customers by developing and implementing strategies such as marketing plans and advertising campaigns; evaluate the strategy results; identify and track changing demands.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, and service offerings; initiating improvements, and that products are consistent with the company quality standards.
- Ensures that all appropriate occupational safety and health act, food handling requirements, health and legal regulations, food safety certifications, sanitation standards and procedures, as well as the company safety and security policies are being adhered to.
- Ensures a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the team.
- Look for new and innovative solutions to problems in the restaurant industry; use technology and social media to develop new ways to engage with customers, which will create a productive establishment.
- Proven experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Business Management, Hospitality Management or other related field.
- Proven record of leadership and managerial skills while providing exceptional customer service is required
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a Restaurant/Food Service or Retail Environment with at least 4 years in a restaurant management position.
- Acute financial management skills
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and motivational qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Result driven individual with a demonstrable record of driving sales and meeting financial goals.
- Demonstrable knowledge in planning, forecasting, and administrative procedures
- Proficiency in MS office suites.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Management & Leadership Skills with extensive hands on experience
- Excellent Organizational & Customer Service Skills
- Experience in Budgeting, Financial Planning and Strategy
- Ability to make decisions based on facts, desired outcomes and potential impact
- Ability to collaborate efficiently with staff and external stakeholders
- Flexibility to adapt to a variety of work situations
- Highly organized and significant ability to multi-task
- Strong ability to remain focus and composed when addressing multiple competing priorities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed CV in MS-Word or PDF format to: email@example.com with the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only applications with the job title as the subject of the email will be considered.
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2021.