Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the Field Ready Nigeria Employability Programme 2021 for Engineering Graduates (Cohort 1).
Field Ready’ is an employability programme for the brightest engineering talent in Nigeria.
The programme has been designed by some of the world’s leading companies to support recent engineering graduates to develop the skills and experiences you need to access great job opportunities.
Field Ready Complete offers candidates the opportunity to develop practical technical skills, applied personal skills, Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) skills and to gain real field experience whilst they participate in the programme.
- The Field Ready programme will commence in September 2021
- The programme is scheduled to run for 3 months at the Yaba College of Technology, followed by an extended work placement
- Each candidate enrolled on the programme will receive a fully funded scholarship from a company supporting the programme in Nigeria. This includes all tuition fees and a stipend
- The deadline for applications is Friday 21 May 1700 GMT. To apply, please send a personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org of no more than 250 words about why you want to join the programme
Should you progress through the application process, you will be required to sit two exams in early July 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend a final assessment day in July 2021. Dates will be confirmed nearer the time.
Field Ready candidates sign a Bond which commits them to completing the programme and working with your sponsoring company for a minimum of 12-months, should you be offered employment with them. The bond sets out our expectations and explains what Field Ready candidates can expect from the programme.
To apply for the programme, you need to:
- Be a Nigerian Citizen.
- Be aged between 21 – 30 years old
- Have an engineering qualification (degree or HND) from Yaba College of Technology at either 2:1, Merit or above in the following disciplines:
Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Civil Engineering / Environmental Engineering / Chemical Engineering / Petroleum or Oil and Gas Engineering / Mining Engineering
- Have completed your National Youth Service
To be considered for the Field Ready Complete programme please email us a personal statement explaining why you would like to join the programme. This should be emailed to us at email@example.com by 5pm UK time on Friday 21 May 2021.