Application is ongoing for the 2021 Afrique Créative Acceleration Program. Interested and suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Afrique Créative is an acceleration program funded by the French Development Agency (AFD) and implemented by a consortium led by the Belgian ASBL Africalia with I&P Conseil du groupe Investisseurs et Partenaires (I&P), Zhu Culture and Bayimba Foundation . Cultural and creative industries are carriers of social innovation and generate impact within their communities.
The program aims to support African cultural and creative businesses in their development in order to maximize their impact at the local, national and international levels.
In September 2019, a first call for applications Creative Africa made it possible to select nine entrepreneurs from the four program countries (Burkina Faso, Morocco, Uganda and Senegal).
For this second edition of Creative Africa, the call for applications is open to 9 countries: Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Senegal, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda, Morocco, Tunisia .
This second edition will also draw on the expertise of local Entrepreneurship Support Structures (SAE) capable of supporting the acceleration of cultural and creative businesses in their country.
Objective of the Creative Africa program: Support the development of Cultural and Creative Industries (ICC) in order to maximize their impact at the economic and social level.
bjective of the 2021 call for applications: Identify the 15 to 18 ICC entrepreneurs who will integrate the pre-incubation phase of Creative Africa
The key is the pre-incubation phase (3 months):
- A technical support , at the strengthening of entrepreneurial capacities, led by a local incubator
- E-learning training courses common to the entire cohort on various subjects (HR management, marketing, etc.)
- The opportunity to pitch your acceleration project in front of a jury made up of cultural, institutional and investor players, which selects the 8 best projects for the rest of the program (technical support and financial support – for more information link to page “Accompaniment”)
Target audience : Cultural and creative businesses.
Target countries: Burkina Faso; Cameroon; Ivory Coast ; Ghana; Morocco ; Uganda; Democratic Republic of Congo ; Senegal; Tunisia
Number of entrepreneurs selected for the pre-incubation phase : between 1 and 3 per country.
he selection of candidates will proceed as follows:
- Verification of eligibility : Only complete files that comply with the eligibility criteria are retained for the next step.
- Ratings by national juries: Applications will be evaluated by national juries made up of a representative of the local partner incubator, a representative of France’s external cultural action (AFD, Institut français, SCAC), and ” an active partner in the entrepreneurial ecosystem (recognized entrepreneur in the cultural and creative industries, investment funds, etc.).
- Pre-selection: Based on the assessments of the national juries, a central committee chaired by AFD will select the 15 to 18 entrepreneurs who will participate in the preincubation phase.
- Selection: At the end of the preincubation period, the entrepreneurs present their business to a jury made up of cultural, institutional and investors actors, who select the eight projects with the greatest creative and economic potential.
- Announcement of the 8 winners : at the end of September 2021 the 8 entrepreneurs joining the incubation program are announced (technical support and subsidy).
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Be a cultural and / or creative structure , active in one of the sectors such as design, audiovisual or musical production, the performing arts, etc. (non-exhaustive list)
- Be a private legal person (business)
- Be established in one of the following nine countries: Burkina Faso; Cameroon; Ivory Coast ; Ghana; Morocco ; Uganda; Democratic Republic of Congo ; Senegal; Tunisia
- Exist for at least 2 years
- Be legally registered with the competent national authorities
- Have completed the application form and provided all the requested documents – in French or in English.
Particular attention will be paid to companies taking into account environmental, social and gender issues.
Will not be eligible :
- Individual applications
- Public or semi-public bodies (state enterprises, government agency, public schools, etc.).
The scoring grids for applications will be based on the following criteria:
- Positioning and contributions to the cultural and creative sector
- Social and environmental impact and contribution to sustainable development goals
- Organizational maturity and management capabilities
- Potential of the business model and scaling up strategy
- Usefulness of the Creative Africa program and development potential
For more information,visit https://afriquecreative.fr/